Search This Blog

Saturday, June 21, 2014

Does a song change when recorded by a major star? You tell me?


Just to show how this works for you new songwriters...


There is a guy name Joel Shewmake. He is a fantastic songwriter. He is the "Best of the Best " for 2013 awarded by the NashvilleEar.com. He has several songs recorded by major country music stars.

He wrote a song called "Tough Times Dont Last Tough People Do" so he comes on to the NashvilleEar.com Songwriter Stage and sings it one Saturday morning after hanging with his good buddy Harlan Pease all night enjoying adult beverages. I have them scheduled to play at 10am on Saturday morning at Bost Harley Davidson dealership. They were very happy to find the coffee and Krispy Kreme Doughnuts.

They hit the stage and amazingly they are fine and playing like it was 10pm instead of 10am. I have always wondered how they do that??
Joel plays several songs but this one really stuck in my mind. I am thinking this is one great song, Here is what I heard on the NashvilleEar Songwriter Stage in Nashville: Joel playing his song like he hears it in his mind.
http://youtu.be/J8n1iyQTnac


Time Lapse about 6 months and I see Travis Adkins singing this same song on the Republican National Convention stage. Joel hit a home run with this song. Here is why lyrics matter!
Here is what I heard on TV six months later:
http://youtu.be/-sxxIdc7vP8




No comments:

Post a Comment