Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

The Spirit of Janis Joplin Lives in Crystal Chandler


I originally met Crystal at Richards Cafe. Besides being a very pretty lady with a firecracker personality she has some special vocal talents that need to be addressed. The first time I saw her play some of her original songs I was amazed. She brought to my mind long lost memories of Janis Joplin. I was blown away while she belted out her songs with bending notes and hyper-personality in each vocal expression. 
I have seen many times songwriters feeling their songs while playing them but Crystal takes it to a new level of passion. "The Riverboat Song" starting at about 7:45 shows this passion I am describing.
Crystal is one of the singer/songwriters I have met in Nashville that I believe in the right hands could be a big talent. I just love to watch her sing her songs. You will enjoy this set of her playing at the old Bost Harley Davidson shop in West Nashville.

Crystal Chandler live Onstage
Here another set by Crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment